HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Speed goat pics
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 12:24 PM
c j
Typical Buck

Default RE: Speed goat pics

ORIGINAL: Texasimport

Just wondering. . .Have not eaten speed goat before. . have eaten blackbuck from my last lease in Texas. . it was great. . . .I would guess a little more gamey? Thoughts?
Antelope taste a lot like deer to me, but yet they seem to have kind of a different subtle 'extra' flavor to them that I can't really describe. It's like you're eating deer with some type of almost smokey seasoning added. (that's probably a poor description, but I can't think of any other way to put it.)

I'm not all that experienced with goats but prior to hunting them for the first time last year, I'd heard a lot of people complain about how they smell, how they taste, etc. Someone told me that the key to the taste was to make sure they got cut up and put on ice right away, instead of sitting in the truck/trailer/whatever until you got back home to process them. So that's what I did with the ones I got last year and all them we took this year, too.Theguy said that the temps are usually too warm to let them sit for awhile like you do with deer. Plus, their hides do stink so the sooner you get the meat away from that, the better, I think. So far, so good, I guess; I have no complaints over how they taste, anyway.