HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remington 700 CDL vs BDL
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Folically Challenged
Fork Horn

Default RE: Remington 700 CDL vs BDL

I couldn't be more thrilled with my CDL. It fits me like a glove, & I think it's the sexiest rifle out there by far. The R3 (Limbsaver) padmakes a HUGE difference in felt recoil. I've found some factory ammo that it likes well enough to print inside 1" in the vast majority of range sessions, and I drew blood with it for the first time 2 weeks ago on a nice bull elk in BC.

If you like the looks of it, then go for it. I went with the CDL over the BDL because I liked the feel of the stock better (slimmer fore end & grip), and the lower luster of the finish. I see where they've come out with a couple o' variants recently, with fluted barrels, stainless barrels, & laminate stocks, & whatnot. I'm sure they're all about the same, but feel free to go with whatever floats your boat. The 700 action has proven itself for generations, and it's rare that you come across one that's not a shooter.

There are M70 guys out there, & A-bolt guys, and M77 guys, and 700 guys... It's kind of like Ford/Chevy/Dodge: They'll all get the job done, so it comes down to which one makes you feel the best when you're holding it in the field. Every time I pick up that rifle, I just smile.

BTW... is the $800 budget just for the rifle, or does your significant other expect you to include the scope in that sum, too? I'd suggest sweet-talking her for another $400, and getting a Zeiss Conquest to top-off that beauty! Oh, and you'll need $50+ for rings & mounts, and $30+ for a sling...

SEND US PICTURES!

FC