HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 04:51 AM
davepjr71
Nontypical Buck

Default 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Mark,

I hope you feel better. I've been battling a cold for a while now and know how you feel . It sucks sitting in the woods when you don't feel good and then start hacking up some stuff to clear your throat. You're better off taking care of the cold first.

Jarrod,

Sorry about your duck hunt. Some people have no respect for others and I'll bet the guy figured he'd shoot at any ducks or geese that were heading to your decoys. That's just not right in my book. Especially with the wife and kid along.

I'm a peaceful man. However, I would have went over there and politely asked him to move in front of his wife and kid. Explain to him that he's creating an unsafe situation for them by bringing them that close and in the line of fire from your group.

That deer was definitely shot. Also, the void exists on deer. Shooting from the ground it is easy to shoot above the lungs and below the back and get a passthru shot that does not kill the deer. That deer was probably shot at from a person on the ground and 1 of 2 things happened. Either the person shot high (by misjudging the distance or is a bad shot)or the deer tried to duck the arrow and the arrow still hit her. I'd shoot her the next time you get a chance. Even if there's a possibility of a full recovery it's still the humane thing to do. However, that's just my opinion. That's your call though. She may look perfectly healthy but have an infection internally and not survive if the temps drop suddenly.

Oh, please don't change the subject line next time. We need to keep the Team 19 in our subject for official reasons. You can put the Caution at the beginning of your thread if you'd like.