HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scrapes already? And My Food Plot
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 11:25 PM
FroMan
Nontypical Buck

Default Scrapes already? And My Food Plot

First off, when I was riding the four-wheeler tonight in the woods giving my wife a little tour of my food plot and the feeder and the old food plot and such, I found three scrapes. It's at a spot where year after year there are scrapes. They had some crap in em so they've at least been there for a week, but dadgum.

This is the earliest I've ever seen scrapes anywhere. Heck. It's only been October for 18 minutes. These scrapes were done in the 2nd or 3rd week of September. It's odd to be seeing that kinda rut behavior tihs early. Thought that it was interesting and that I'd share it.

Also, a few weeks ago I made it home and got my food plot planted. Winter wheat and oats is all I used and we got rain on it a few days ago. Well, I was home again this weekend for my mom-in-law's 50th birthday party and I went to check on the plot. Jackpot. It's coming up well and looks like it might be edible by the time I get down there next weekend to bowhunt it.

Good luck to you guys everywhere who are hunting on the opener today! I wish I was but being a state away and having class all day have dampered my plans.

Be safe and have fun!