HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - my dog bit my daughter...
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 05:49 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: my dog bit my daughter...

ORIGINAL: jwy

Just reading everyones advice,Please get control of it now while she is a puppy. I recently had the privalage of a 70lbs lab on my arm(not pleasant).He is a friends dog,2yrs old, never handled,lease broke or anything else i can tell.He wanted me to see if i could do anything with him.When i first put the lease on he turned and grabbed my arm, he hadnever showed agrression before this (ever).We ended up with him on his back with my left hand around his throat with me sitting on him.When he calmed down I let him up.We've never had a problem with him since he just didn't know that it wasn't allowed.There are breeds of dogs that i would never let a child around,Most hunting dogs are OK.They just need to learn and are usually willing to do so.Its alot easier when they are a pup.Keep that baby safe at all cost even if it means getting rid of the pup.
my lab is a lot better at 4 yrs old ,BUT i watch him like hawk.you can never take for granted that he will not bite again, so you keep people from doing what sets him off.

mine does not like his mouth touched,he does not attack ,he gaurds home but not out in public he is different dog..

he is territorial aggressive and fear aggression..

i have to say he is a lot better but it took me over 3 years to get him at least to point he is not biting when you put your hand down...

but i would never let him alone with kid..