HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Did you ever...
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Cossack
Nontypical Buck

Default Did you ever...

have non-shooters remorse? Several days ago I passed on a couple of 8 pointers. They looked good but I had seen them before and they are just teenagers. Last year they were 6's. One had a nasty wound on his shoulder. It's healed now but no hair. His brother was lighter colored last year and a bit less mass. They are about equal this year but still only 2.5 yrs old at most.
But then this 10 pointer appears. Nice wide spread but just a baby too. He was in my LumiZone at ten yards. Ten!! But I let him walk. Now I'm wondering.
Seems one of our guys shot his daddy last year during rifle season. Very nice 10 pointer that scored 168 and had a dual brow tine just like the one I passed on.
Knowing how good he will look next year (if he survives gun season) makes it all worth while.
And I had a bonus. Twenty one turkeys trapsed under my stand. The 'guard hens' ever on the watch; while the polts chased grasshoppers. And a sharp shinned hawk took a downey woodpecker off my tree while I watched some spikes spar. Like the saying goes, it don't get any better.