HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - More Wy mulie questions
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 10:02 AM
NJheadhunter71
Typical Buck

Default More Wy mulie questions

Its just about 2 weeks beforewe leave for or DIY mulie riflehunt in Wy.region R area Oct 15th opener. Just to give you the quick low down on how we plan on doing this is todrive 4X4 f250 dualie withslide in style camper and 4wheeler in tow out there, camp off road, set up camp in the general area where we plan to hunt and use the 4 wheeler on the ORV trailsto get to areasfarther off the roads. The only thing I am not all that confident about is this: should we concentrate on glassing the more open areas or shouldwe cover more ground on foot andspot and stalk the wooded edges more? Someone told me they have more success moving and bumping them and then makingthe stalks? They also hunted the area and said that the bigger more mature deer hang higher up until the weather pushes them down. Is this correct? I am looking at the area on google earth and Iam tring to figure out\cross referencean area on my GPSI want to be but am having difficulty because its so vast not like back east and the deer move though funnels.Someone said find a water hole in the middle of nowhere and you will find deer. Is this also correct? One more thing, my permit says "any deer" does this also meanwhitetail? I want to thank every body that has helped me try to prepare for this trip!