HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The End of Deer and Dog Hunting in VA
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 06:15 AM
VA5326
Typical Buck

Default RE: The End of Deer and Dog Hunting in VA

ORIGINAL: reswire

Slavery was also a tradition in the south, defendedfrom every white church pulpit and by every politician around the south.If you told a southerner he was gonna loose his slaves he'd say he'd fight before he gave up his right to trample on another man's life. The tradition of the few, trampled on the rights of many, andjustifiably it was ended.If you asked anysoutherner of that day,he wouldhave saidit was only a "few bad apples" that owned slaves.

I know that is a tough analogy, but some traditions cannot live in a modern world. With shrinking land parcels and lawsuits against landowners that host rogue clubs, how long can people think things will go unchanged? Are they really that stupid??? The attitudes of most dog clubs today are, "our dogs can't read signs: we ain't huntin in the road, we are only catchin our dogs: I was here first:my club can beat up any politician that tries to stop my huntin rights: we can police our own (boy what a farce)". I used to love hunting with hounds, but I gotta say the hunt clubs are fighting a loosing battle if they continue to be a bunch of arrogant idiots.
This is not a analogy........... it's opinion based on half truths. Is there a moderator around to lock this thread? I'd suggest you go back to school and do a little more research. How do you know the attitudes of most clubs? Obviously, you haven't hunted with my club.