HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - where would you put some stands? ab
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 04:33 PM
foxfire66
Fork Horn

Default where would you put some stands? ab

ok guys.. this used to be one of my honey holes. but 2 years ago they did a lot of logging here for oaks and things have not been the same. i still see deer but not nearly as many as i used to. i did see a nice 10 pt the other night in that top field to the left of the road. i can pretty much hunt anywhere in this pic.i have astand in the bottom left corner of that bottom field,another about 40 yardswestof the field where the bucks would stage before coming to the field. alsoacross the street from the top field is a really thick bedding area. you can seeit from this picture. i have a stand on thenorth eastside of that where there are nice trails leading to that area. i want to put another stand somewhere else. any ideas? ALSO if you pass the feild and the 1st drive way on your right i used to have a stand about 150 yard behind the east of the house between the 2 valleys. this is where all the big oaks were. that is where i seen the most action. but that is where they logged (even cut my tree down) and it is really thick there now.