HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Biggest deer in Texas (PHOTOS)
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Marko B

Default RE: Biggest deer in Texas (PHOTOS)

ORIGINAL: Schobs

so by your "understanding" of the rules, the world record hunter-taken whitetail, the famous Lovstuen buck taken by 15 year old Tony Lovstuen with a muzzleloader, green scored at 322 4/8" is NOT a valid record, because it clearly states in an article on the North American Whitetail website, and the family of the lucky hunter do not hide the fact that they have trail cam photos, and used these trail cameras to pattern the buck. If you're going to be that critical of the trail camera issue, you can't ignore the fact that he uses helicopters to figure out where the deer are, whether thats his purpose or not. and how would trail camera pictures be any different than pictures taken from a helicopter be? I'll admit i was wrong about antelope jumping fences, i just figured they were smart enough to figure that out, but if you're going to sit there and tell me you've seen deer jump your fence FLATFOOT, i'll not accept that until i see it, unless this fence you speak of is the white picket fence in your backyard. a deer will not jump a high fence, otherwise what would be the point of the fence, to only keep in the deer too weak to jump it? I've attached the link to the article about the Lovstuen buck in case you're skeptical. I'm still waiting on a price for that buck. good luck and good farming!

some clips from the article:

The Iowa non-typical had become known to the hunting world through Ron Willmore and Brian Lindberg's article in the Feb. 2002 issue of North American Whitetail magazine, in which trail camera photos and shed antlers of the then-living buck were shown.

Tony's dad, Doug Lovstuen, grazed the buck's neck during the 2001 gun season, and the next summer, trail camera shots showed that the right antler was stunted.

But by the summer of 2003 the deer's rack was bigger than ever, as confirmed by more trail camera photos.

http://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/naw_0104promo/

Schobs
The pictures were taken on a game survey that I am required to do by the STATE in order to get my MLDP (Managed Land DeerPermits) which are a REWARD for landowners who manage their land in the best interest of wildlife.

Level 3 Managed Lands Deer Permits
Level 3 MLDPs offer maximum harvest flexibility for landowners, but require active habitat and population management and apply only to white-tailed deer.

Level 3 MLDP Benefits:

Completion of the hunting license log and use of a hunting license tag are not required on deer harvested under the authority of this permit; therefore, county and statewide bag limits do not apply to individual hunters.

Allows harvest of antlerless and any buck deer with any lawful means from September 29, 2007 through February 29, 2008.

Once permits have been issued, archery stamp requirements do not apply.

Level 3 MLDP Requirements:

The approved WMP must include deer population data from the current year and the preceding 2 years, complete deer harvest data (including age, weight, and antler data) from the 2 preceding years, and must identify at least 4 recommended habitat management practices that are being conducted or will be conducted on the property.

Once permits have been issued, every deer (buck and antlerless) harvested on the property must be tagged with an appropriate Level 3 MLDP (no MLDP is required for deer taken on the property under the authority of an Antlerless and Spike Deer Control Permit).

The landowner must accomplish at least 4 habitat management practices specified in the WMP within three years of initial permit issuance. The habitat management practices and harvest management must maintain the habitat in an acceptable or improving condition. On-site evaluations will be conducted by TPWD to assess progress.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdforms/media/pwd_1047_w7000_mldp_program_information_white_tail ed_deer.pdf

If you would have read the thread... instead of just going after me... you would have seen that I am hunting that deer.

This is exactly the reason I didn't post the pictures myself in the first place.

If you don't believe me that a deer can jump a HF, then that is your perogative...

Actually... B&C says that deer can't be harvested behind "escape proof" fenceing... which doesn't exist.

Notice how you haven't bought a "water PROOF" watch in about 20 years?

It's because they don't exist either... they are now called "water resistant" because someone got sued.