HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Biggest deer in Texas (PHOTOS)
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Schobs
Typical Buck

Default RE: Biggest deer in Texas (PHOTOS)

I wasnt gonna chime in on this topic, me and my roomate have been having quite a laugh about it for the last half an hour, but the statement about the game cameras is just an ignorant misunderstanding on your part.

III. Use of electronic communication devices to guide hunters to game, artificial lighting, electronic light intensifying devices (night vision optics), sights with built-in electronic range-finding capabilities, thermal imaging equipment, electronic game calls or cameras/timers/motion tracking devices that transmit images and other information to the hunter;

III) This is my favorite... All of these cameras? Cuddybacks etc etc? If you find a deer on one of these cameras and go kill it? According to B&C this deer is just as tainted as any deer behind a high fence.

DEVICES THAT TRANSMIT IMAGES AND OTHER INFORMATION TO THE HUNTER!!! are you kidding me? I've heard of one game camera that transmits photos to the owner and its like $900 for the setup. all the other cameras merely capture photos and images of deer and w/e else walks in front of them (probably not too big of a problem on your "intensely managed property") and store them for later viewing. As for the hunting with helicopters and airplanes, I know that in some areas up north (canada or alaska) there is a rule that states you can not hunt the same day you fly in to prevent any unfair advantages. I should have just let this topic die out, but the statement about the game cameras was too crazy to pass up. It sounds like you're starting to look for any excuse to help you sleep better at night. By the way, how much would it cost for a "weekend hunter" to harvest, not hunt, harvest, that 240"+ buck? i noticed none of the prices were listed. And as far as the antelope go, can your deer jump/crawl under your fence? maybe you should snip a few holes and see how quickly the deer learn of the escape route and just watch where they go the next time you go chasing after them in your helicopter for one of those data gathering airventures.

Schobs