HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Predator Rifle Under $300
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 03:54 PM
mouthcaller
Typical Buck

Default RE: Predator Rifle Under $300

I will probably get an NEF beacause if you cant hit them with one shot, you shouldnt be hunting, because you wont get a second.

Brod - for what it's worth I have killed3 coyotes in the past 2 years with a second shot. Two of those times was because I missedattrotting coyotesheaded downwind that wouldn'tstop and I got lucky and killed them running. The other time I called up more than one coyote and again got lucky on one running off. This scenerio has happened more than once but I've managed to kill more than one 'yote only this one time. It was fun shooting at the runners though.

Here's a trick a friend (and great predator hunter) told me. This won't work except with smaller bore guns. When possible he shoots the coyotes he calls in the back hip with his 22.250. This will break the coyote down and he'll start bawling. He tells me thatfrequently there are more coyotes hiding in the weeds and they will come running to see what's going on. He has killed many doubles this way. Sounds cruel, I know, and it costs an extra round to finish the dog off but he doesn't let it suffer long.

Mouthcaller