HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Biggest deer in Texas (PHOTOS)
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 03:28 PM
mtfreezer
Fork Horn

Default RE: Biggest deer in Texas (PHOTOS)

ORIGINAL: Marko B

And if you want to use the cow analogy... every antelope killed on a ranch with goat wire that is entered in the record bookis behind escape proof fenceing... Antelope go under fences... they don't jump them.That would cut down the number of "legitimate" B&C Antelope by what... 50%? No one wants to talk about that.
I am not going to touch the high fence arguement, but i do have something to add to this. Antelope can and do jump fence. I wouldn't have believed it unless I saw it with my own eyes. On Sept. 8th, I saw a group of 3 goats jump a 3 wire fence not more than 200 yards from me. It wasn't a tall fence. Only about 3 feet or so tall, but it enough to hold in cattle.

What the heck..I will add to the high fence talk. I have stacked deer that have traveled well over a mile and a half without them knowing I was there and deer have been know to travel well over 50 miles in search of new territory. Your deer can not leave. That is why people do not like high fence. I don't have a problem with it other than it gives hunters a black eye with none hunters.