HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Biggest deer in Texas (PHOTOS)
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 04:35 AM
Marko B

Default RE: Biggest deer in Texas (PHOTOS)

I've hunted deer in Canada with no fences that had one heck of a lot less chance of getting away from me than any of the deer on my ranch do.

And if you want to use the cow analogy... every antelope killed on a ranch with goat wire that is entered in the record bookis behind escape proof fenceing... Antelope go under fences... they don't jump them.That would cut down the number of "legitimate" B&C Antelope by what... 50%? No one wants to talk about that.

It's an eliteist argument that doesn't make any sense, especially when people's complaint about it is that deer on a HF can't be killed by anyone ELSE and it gives the landowner an unfair advantage to let deer walk...

Since when does fair chase have anything to do with opportunities for ANY hunter to kill the animal?

It's about the animal's ability to evade.

You want the hunter entry affidavit for a deer to B&C?

I. Spotting or herding game from the air, followed by landing in its vicinity for the purpose of pursuit and shooting;
II. Herding or chasing with the aid of any motorized equipment;
III. Use of electronic communication devices to guide hunters to game, artificial lighting, electronic light intensifying devices (night vision optics), sights with built-in electronic range-finding capabilities, thermal imaging equipment, electronic game calls or cameras/timers/motion tracking devices that transmit images and other information to the hunter;
IV. Confined by artificial barriers, including escape-proof fenced enclosures;
V. Transplanted for the purpose of commercial shooting;
VI. By the use of traps or pharmaceuticals;
VII. While swimming, helpless in deep snow, or helpless in any other natural or artificial medium;
VIII. On another hunter’s license;
IX. Not in full compliance with the game laws or regulations of the federal government or of any state, province, territory, or tribal council on reservations or tribal lands;

I) No more Piper Cubs for Polar Bears... most of the bears in their record book werestill killedthat wayanyway.

II) No cars, atvs etc can be used in the harvest of your animal, period. How many deer don't qualify because of that? Even if it's legal to use a car in your area to shoot out of... on your own property and you are driving along and see something... it doesn't qualify.

III) This is my favorite... All of these cameras? Cuddybacks etc etc? If you find a deer on one of these cameras and go kill it? According to B&C this deer is just as tainted as any deer behind a high fence.

IV) Nothing new here

V and VI) They could just leave these in and get rid of the HF rule... this is really what makes people angry...

VII) Tell that to Native Americans... You just took two of their favorite ways to harvest game away from them.

VIII) Perfectly legal to party hunt in many parts of the country... but it's not ethical according to this...

IX)Understandable

So anyway... there you have it...