HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Old Lyman
Thread: Old Lyman
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 06:06 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Old Lyman

WOW!! that is a great deer. Load her rifle with 80 grains of Pyrodex RS or Pyrodex P and a patched roundball and I bet it will be a good shooter. I got my deer last year with my flintlock Lyman Trade Rifle, but nothing near what she has in that picture. And I wish her the best of luck, although from the picture it looks like she has better luck (or a better place to hunt) then I do.

Speaking of women hunting.. Many years ago, I took my wife deer hunting with me. We parked the truck on the field edgeand walked into the hardwoods on our property. Sat down in a stand I built, knowing she wanted to come and sit with me, and got comfortable. It wasn't twenty minutes andthat's when I saw a nice little buck coming my way up the trail towards us. I pointed it out to her and she was just fascinated watching it. As I took the safety off, she suddenly stood up.. yelled "Run for your life he's got a gun." She then turned around with this shocked look on her face, apologized to me for what she did and told me perhaps it would be better if she went home and left me to hunt alone. I agreed with her. Later that afternoon I shot a much bigger buck so maybe it was fate she did that.. but I never told her that.