HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - stocks for an sks
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 12:04 AM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: stocks for an sks

ORIGINAL: corey012778

I got the 3 from the tapco ad for it. I was not counting the pistol grip. I was reading on a forum for the sks, what you have for the chinese sks is incorrect, one of the guys that runs the board email the atf and told them. there is not a muzzle attachment shipped on my sks or look like it was not made for one.

check out what they had to say:
http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=27678.0
Yep, I'm a member of that board too.

You still need to purchase another part to be legal, with the T-6 stock and Tapco gas piston you have three, you need four at the very least. Please remember all of this (parts count and what parts are considered) is subject toand has been changed by the ATF at their prerogative at any time, so the more USA parts you can install the better.

I'm pretty familiar with the SKS rifle enough know you will have to swap out the original fixed 10 round magazine for a USA made "duck Bill" detachable magazine in order to put on the T-6 Stock. Again those types of magazines are hit or miss when it comes to reliability.

I've tried all the different combination of stocks and magazines and I always have gone back to the original configuration. It works the best and is the most reliable and above all legal!...I have an SKS or two.