HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - UPDATE - Buck Found
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Jellio
Spike

Default UPDATE - Buck Found

Thanks guys for all the positive input I got last night even though I only got 2 hours of sleep. I haven't been able to get on the forum until now becuase it was down or not working. I found the buck 60 yards from my stand. I learned a few things that I'd like to share first off although I determined the deer died within minutes of the shot I think I made the right choice in backing out for the night. As I said before I also need to focus on my arrow and the deer more when shooting because the shot was absolutly perfect and I couldn't even tell when I made the shot last night. 3rd there wasn't a blood trail at all I found the deer by walking down the trail he was on when I saw him. I'm not going to knock my Montec cause it flew true and did the job but a more defined blood trail would have been a nice piece of mind when backing out last night. It still hasn't hit me yet this is my first buck with a bow but I now when it does I'll relish the moment the rest of my life. Here's a pic and thanks again guy's for all the input your awsome. It's not a huge buck and there was some ground shrinkage but to me it's a trophy I'll always remember.