HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First words
Thread: First words
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 06:19 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: First words

after i shot and am waiting to track??

only got that chance once. first instinct was to call someone...immediatly. dont know who i was gunna call first, but the cell phone flew right out of my hand. when i got my phone i either called dad or my buddy that lived down the road.

remember telling dad "i got ya some sausage!" he said "buck or doe?" told him a pretty decint buck..and told him the story and the shot looked a little higher than i wanted but looked like a pass through so i should be home shortly.

when i called my buddy i told him i hit one and to gather up the coonhunting(miner style) lights and id be at his house shortly...on the way to his house i passed my other buddy cuttin grass and pulled over and put my hands on top of my head like antlers and gave him thumbs up. heck i dont think he moved the tractor till 2 days later lol.

this year, unless i need the coon hunting lights, i think im going to keep it secret till its in the truck. it was nice having tracking partners...exspecially in that case. went from the highest of highs to lowest of lows and i was pretty useless. without them i would lost the trail at 100yds. we made it 400 as a team. then when its tagged i will start the phone chain...dad is always first unless i know hes sleeping or working.