HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I thought you bow hunters might enjoy this
Old 09-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Mr. Longbeard
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I thought you bow hunters might enjoy this

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

One of the shops I used to shoot through and actually learned much of what I know has the unique opportunity to go to Africa and take an elephant with his bow. He immediately ordered 90# limb from Hoyt for his Trykon.

Man reminds me of a shoot I went on once... A guy I worked for use to shoot a hoyt... Gave me all kinds of crap about my cheap A PSE fire flight... Anyhow he kept drilling me about what kind of arrows I shot, what kind of groups I shot, if I shot feathers or vanes, what kind of realease I shot... Anyhow to make a long storie short... They were having a 3-D shoot at this outdoor show and he asked me if I wanteds to go... I said yea I'll shoot in it with ya... Well when I show up to meet him he shows up with his local sporting goods hoyt sponser shirt on... Anbd when he introduced me to the other guys that were shooting with up they all had the same shirts on... They really looked professional... I looked like some F stick from the hillswith a camo shirt and blue jeans... Anyhow My buddy with his stanslousky release toxsonic sight and his hoyt bow sends his first arrow right over the back of the 3-D target... I felt like laughing my A off... Anyhow out of all the people in the 3-D shoot something like 20 guys I came in 3rd and one guy from our group shot 2nd... After the shoot my (so called) friend just walked away and went to his car and left...

So in other word all the shirts and sponcers, patchsand bows don't impress me