HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Mule deer on public land general tag areas?
Old 02-11-2003, 07:18 PM
elknut1
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best Mule deer on public land general tag areas?

I'm not a big deer hunter myself, but I thought you might be interested in some info on unit 32 or 32a here in Idaho. Don't get me wrong I hunt deer, mostly with a bow and take usually a 3 or 4 point most of the time but nothing real big like you're looking for, I just have a hard time getting excited over hunting them. You want to talk elk, now that's something I can get excited over. LOL. But as far as those units go I can tell you for a fact their are some huge wallhanger bucks that have come off cuddy mtn. right out of council. A couple years back a friend of mine took me to this old boys house by the name of Roy Eastlick there in council my jaw must of dang near dropped to the floor when I walked into his trophy room, he had 7or8 30 to 32 inch muleys on the wall as well as 7or8 33 to 38 inch other ones but the biggest one was 39 1/2 inches, needless to say he's all over boone & crocket with several of them. He had told me many stories on how he had gotten some of them and also said where he went he never saw any other hunters because he was further back than most would go. Being you only live in Meridian I figured you might be interested, if not no harm done. elknut1.

www.elknut.com
Bugling Bulls & Beyond!