HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - pendulem bowsights
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2003, 06:10 AM
Jerry/NJ

Default RE: pendulem bowsights

Lonebowman,

I used the Keller sight for geeez I guess 15 years at least now, maybe 20 time flies so fast. The idea was to sight it in from a certain height and the sight ,the way it is designed, would compensate for arrow drop, etc. which back in those days, we used heavy arrows and much slower bows. Bows today are so fast, 1 pin is good to 30 or 35 yards in some cases and with lighter arrows.

A pendulum is a good choice (IMO) for a fast bow as well. I shoot fast bows and use pendulums. By doing your homework with it, you dont have to think about the distance, unless your bow arm is approaching the horizontal position and you know the shot is too far, this is where practice comes in and knowing your equipment. I like 1 pin on my sights. I dont like multiple pins so the pendulum works great FOR ME. Many hunters have good success without pendulums and I am not knocking non pendulum type sights by any means.

I switched over from Keller due to the fiber optics that the newer pendulums now have. They are made form high impact type plastics and are quieter IMO.