HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Trip Cut Short
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 07:37 AM
Hiawatha

Default Trip Cut Short

I have been planning an elk hunt in the states for the past 3 years or so. I am currently enrolled in my last year of education at the University of brandon Manitoba and was planning on taking 4 days off of classes giving me 9 days to hunt or so as we do not have school on fridays. I told my profs what the gig was and all were supportive except one who said not to be suprised if i would have to meet with the Dean of the faculty when i returned over this. I figured i better chat with the head office first then b4 i try and sneak away and them find out i am gone. Result=Honesty gets you no where. I did not even get a word in the conversation. As soon as he got word of the situation he came in and started going on a rant with the word NO every second breath. I was told that i have to act like a professional now and get used to having a job and this was in no way excusable. My theory was i know teaching is a proffession this is why i wanted to do this hunt this year, if i get a job next fall i will not be able to take a week off school to hunt. It is a lifetime hunt which must happen now or never. Also anytime he wants to know what a job is like i can takem to the oil rigs with me for a 70 day stint without coffee break, lunch sun up to sun down in -25 and see how it goes.I found out i am allowed 3 excusable days and on the 4th i am called up to a board of appeal. So now i will leave on Monday at 4pm after class and drive all night through the mountains to get to Idaho, yep real safe. Making me hang around this weekend for Monday, 1 more day. And ya right now i am making a puppet show, working on warmup games in physed, rewiewing a journal article and studying a grade 9 science curriculum real tough stuff. lol On the deans list, 4.15gpa, spotless attendance last year but nothin matters. Oh the hoops you have to jump through, i willbe so happy when i am done. Had to vent.