HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Things just took a turn for the good!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:07 AM
NY Bowhunter
Boone & Crockett

Default Things just took a turn for the good!!!

WOW! I just scored on the mother load of all lands in my area. I've been trying to get on this 500 acre chunk of big buck paradise for the last 15 years. Nobody has ever had access to it. I ran into the person that owns the land last night. Just so happens he's getting his 12 year old son into golf . He was at my golf course and I happened to run into him.

We got talking about how his son is really progressing and very interested in learning the game. Then he brought up the fact that he knew I was a diehard bowhunter and have been wanting to get on his land for quite a long time. He suggested in trade of me having EXCLUSIVE permission to hunt on his property I work with his son and teach him the game of golf. I told him to go grab his clubs now and I'll start teaching him every shot in golf known to mankind [8D] I'm going to take the little bugger under my wing for years to come.

I'm pretty pumped. There are some absolute bruisers on this piece of land. I'm meeting with him and his son tonight so they can take me around the property. He even asked me if I'd post it for him. I'm going to have to do a quick crash course scouting though because I dont' really know the land too well other than what I've seen out there.