HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How I lost my 4x4
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 07:46 PM
stuckinthereeds
Nontypical Buck

Default How I lost my 4x4

So after spending 5 hours in my first spot. I decided to move to my second spot. I walked back to my truck packed up my gear and was driving down the area that I knew had trophy mulies!! Anyhow, on my way there I saw a doe that just got done drinking for the morning and heading home. i thought that I would take her hopped out of my truck and up popped a huge 4x4 muley...I would say pushing 200 lbs. Just a huge bruiser of a deer. He only jumped off about 10 yards then stoped and just gazed at me. I grabbed my gear....nocked my arrow...went to grab my release and....what where is it....I know its in my truck on the passenger seat...what it isn't there...must be on the floor...huh, it isn't there........Long story short, somewhere between my current place and my first area I was at I lost my caliper. I had to just watch this beautiful deer walk away up the mountain just laughing at me. I was somewhere between punching a tree and falling down on the grass crying......I drove back into town bought a new one and back out I went. The big deer was never to be seen again[&o][&:][:@][:'(][:-]