HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - scouting for deer and found POT!! i think
Old 09-10-2007, 01:41 PM
geterdun3
Fork Horn

Default RE: scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

longisland - i never got this question answered, and i think it matters a litte, not much, just a little how many plantswas it. i keep hearing about growing and selling, maybe someone just wants to smoke...? it doesnt seem like that was ever considerated - again we dont know so it doesnt matter, im j/w

shato - like i said, you have ur opinion, but i dont understand how you can determine which illegal activity is bad enough to report? how about someone speeding 20 miles over? do you report them? it seems like your saying some illegal things are ok, but not others...?

then you said what if a family went hiking and came upon these people...doesnt that prove that they could be dangerous, and maybe a marijuna grower is a legitimate reason to be weary when thinking of telling or not? seems like a contradiction, your saying we (longisland, you me) should be tough enough to turn them in, but a family hiking should be afriad?

also, if they are growing for smoking, i really doubt they are dangerous. people who smoke marijuana are prob. the most mellow around and just want to mind their own business. again, we dont know what would be done with the pot, so we cant speculate, im just saying that i dont agree with that statement. that being said, i dont think putting his life at risk is worth it if indeed this marijuana belongs to a "serious" criminal.

there are obviously worse things to be scared about then growers. but just answer one question, and that is all i really want to know: if he is in his treestand hunting, walking out alone out night (or with his wife), and he knows that he turned them in, and hes pretty sure they know he turned them in, they have his information and vehicle make, why would you want him to put his life or property at risk? again, this convo has sort of swayed to discussing the right and wrong of marijuana use and selling, which wasnt the originnal question. you want him to sit in his treestand and worry about retaliation, then walk out at night unarmed? and dont say "dont worry about some pot growers, they arent dangerous" how do you know that? it might be tony soprano lol. my point is that you are not he-man and cannot stop all retaliation, so why try to or put urself in that situation?

i think maybe if ya smoked a little pot you would relax, feel different and want to mind ur business regarding the situation (lol, that is pretty much a joke, i just had to add it, sorry)