HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow vs Gun, what do you think?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Bowhunter2001
Fork Horn

Default Bow vs Gun, what do you think?

I started hunting deer with a shotgun in IL. and a rifle in MO. In 1991 I started hunting with a bow. I killed my first buck that year with my bow and it was awesome! The same season, I killed a nice 8 point with my shotgun. It gave me NO satisfaction of accomplishment. I haven't hunted with a gun for years. I would rather kill "nothing" than kill something with a gun anymore. I was a gun dealer in my spare time for 18 years and have guns that can drive tacks. I hunt for the thrill of accomplishment. I see these tv shows where these guys shoot deer at 100 to 200 yards and I just think to myself, try and get it to 15 yards and shoot it with a bow.When someone shows me a picture of a deer they kill with a gun, it just doesn't impress me.If someone shows me a picture of a doe they killed with their bow, I am impressedand really let them know that they did a great job!
Do most of you gun hunt, also? Does it do more for you to kill one with a bow than a gun? I just think it is agreat accomplishment with a bow, and a chip shot with a gun.
What are your thoughts?