HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone going out opening day?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 09:28 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone going out opening day?

Rob is right...only 3 WMUs.

that being said, i live in 2B and have a stand hung just for that early doe hunt. its a small orchard. last year i found that the deer werent hitting it as hard as i thought they would. probably because acorns and other food is available..and the apples arent dropping as hard as they are now...i think the earlier the better...and dont really think i will see a bruiser buck in there in the daylight..so i wont mind muffing up a good spot over a doe hunt...hopefully get me my first deer with a bow. probably only hunt it the 15th and 22nd. most likely pull my stand the 22nd..really doubt i head back there once the real season opens..but im excited to get back in the stand...less than 2 weeks now.

gets my butt in gear though. i gotta be ready 2 weeks earlier than normal. dont sound like much...but when your at college all week and only home on weekends, it puts you in a crunch if you dont keep up with stuff. behind with the whole broadhead tune right now actually. got a new strung and broadhead tuned after that...but not 100%..then i got into 3d and long range target shooting for fun and never wanted to touch anything...now its crunch time. hopefully have it tuned great today...im real close right now, but taking a break for a bit.