HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Got my new Tikka...a little disappointed
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2003, 01:29 PM
Goodguy

Default RE: Got my new Tikka...a little disappointed

The Tikka removable magazine is made of plastic or some synthetc material. So are several of the Ruger removable mags. That's a manufacturing charactaristic of these and other rifles. Doesn't mean it's bad or good in itself but how well the magazine functions is the issue. I guess if a removable magazine is important and one doesn't want a magazine made of a synthetic one could buy a Rem. Jamomatic. Regarding the barrel/stock fit, I have a model 70 that the fit looked great but was shooting all over the place. Turned out there was a severe pressure point near the front of the stock that wasn't visible. Now that it's been shaved it shoots just fine. Other than the cosmetic appearance of the Tikka's you're refering to, how do they shoot? That's the important thing. Tikka does have a reputation for being extremely accurate out of the box. I'd suggest if it's shooting good, say 1 to 2 M.O.A, not to worry about it. If metal magazine, nice stock fit, deep blue, nice wood, as well as good accuracy are all important then take the step up to a Sako, of course a lot more $$. gg

"The older a man gets, the farther he had to walk to school as a boy"