HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone ever have this problem with Maxima arrows?
Old 08-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Windwalker7
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone ever have this problem with Maxima arrows?

I've shot aluminum arrows for years. Several years ago I switched to carbons. I usually shot cheaper arrows and had much success with them.

Last year I bought a Diamond Victory right at the end of hunting season. At that time I bought some carbon arrows. They were a Gander Mountain arrow called Whitetails. I believe they are actually made by Carbon Express.

This summer I did some shooting and deciced to get some "GOOD" arrows. I wanted something lighter. The Whitetails are heavy, 11.9 gpi.

I bought a half dozen Maxima 250's with Blazers.

My groups have improved. I usually just shoot two arrows at a time to prevent damage.

During the last week or so, my groups have really opened up. I've been racking my brain to figure out what the heck was wrong. What was I doing?

Every once in a while I'd notice an arrow kicking sideways and missing by lots.

I tried and checked everthing. I shoot a trophy Taker Pronghorn SL dropaway.

I finally decided to number my arrows with a Sharpie marker. I did this yearsago sort out aluminun arrows that weren't up to par.

I found out that one arrow consistantly kicked sideways and would not hit where I aimed. The rest of the half dozen grouped together.

What could possibly make an arrow do this?