HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What does it take to become Prostaff
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 10:21 AM
Zdeerslayer
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What does it take to become Prostaff

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Yeah, my observation has always been that - if in your little head,you decide that you are a "Pro Staff" - then you are. It's just that simple.

It may be because somebody gave you something for free or at a discount, or justmaybe because you started your own little hunting "club" with some online buddies- then you are a "Pro Staffer" for that shop/company/club. Congratulations, you're halfway to becoming the next Bill Jordan.

For example, you go to the bow shop - owner says "Hey, try out these arrows - no charge." Or "Here, have one of these hats that I had made - with my shop logo printed on the front." Guess what?! You're a pro staffer.

Maybe you need a kisser button installed, he puts it on and says "don't worry about the couple dollars." Guess what?! "Saunders Kisser Button Pro Staff, Baby!" Like money in the bank...

Maybeyou email a company and say "I'm the top dog bowhunter in my area. Deer quake in their winter coats at the sound of my name. I want to try your broadheads, but I'm too cheap to pay for them." Then, some schmuck customer service rep doesn't want to quarrel with you about your huntingprowess, or hear your idle threats about how you're gonna "tell all your buddies to boycott their company,"so he gives you a pack of broadheads to shut you up and make yougo away. Guess what?

You got it! "Pro Staff Baby!"
If I get to shoot at Gander Mtn for free... does that make me a Gander Mtn Pro Staffer??? [8D]