HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HELP!!!!!!! !(practice for the upcoming season)
Old 08-28-2007, 01:53 PM
zubba
Nontypical Buck

Default HELP!!!!!!! !(practice for the upcoming season)

HELP..... After I got done doing chores, I slipped my camo on over my chore cloths and got to my treestand around 4:00. At about 4:30 a real nice 10 pointer came walking by my tree. He was about 45 yards out and stopped in some brush, but I thought I could still make the shot. I pulled back, put my 20 yard pin just above his back and punched my trigger. The arrow hit some twigs and he jumped my string so the arrow hit him pretty far back, but I thought it looked good. I was so excited. I waited 10 minutes before I got down from my tree and started looking for blood. At first there was only a drop or two every 20 yards or so. The the blood trail picked up descent. All a sudden, I heard a loud clash and I looked up, there he was...still running. I think I kicked him up. I quickly nocked another arrow and released it just as he was going over the hill. It was about 100 yards but I thought it was worth a shot. I continued the blood trail from there. About 50 yards later, it stopped. No more blood could be found. I looked for another 15 minutes, then went home. Now I don't know what to do. Help!!!!

NOTE: This is not a true story, but there is a really really good chance we will here something similiar during this upcoming season.So I just thought I would post it before someone else does. Hey, maybe we could reply with the right answers, then put it as a sticky at the top of the page. So the next time someone writes a braindead story like this, we can refer them there instead of replying again and tongue lashing the hell out of them.