HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - anyone in NY mad about the antler restrictions
Old 08-28-2007, 10:22 AM
tsoc
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: anyone in NY mad about the antler restrictions

So yourself and SteveB have the same contention about 60% of 1.5 year old bucks being six points or better.Steve indicates this is a fact supported by biologists,I gather your statement is based on your own observations which I respect,I have no knowledge of your area.I will tell you that that is not the case in the catskills based on my observations.
I don't understand the resistance to attempt to have everyone be pleased with their hunting experience.It is possible and without that much complexity.While you may be content and SteveB may be content with the present management practices I am not,and why should my interests or the many others who have similar feelings as my self be ignored?
I don't know how any one who spends any time thinking about it can support a management practice that targets so heavily a specific portion of an animal population,there is not a biologist in the country that would support that as being positive or beneficial for a population of animals.There should be a balance of animals across all age classes if you suggest otherwise please provide the science behind that assumption.
Being the most cutting or sarcastic or persistent doesn't give someone's contentions any more validity.
I am reminded of one of the most steadfast anti QDMA and AR participants on this site's words one time when talking about the possibility of an out of state hunt,he indicated he wouldn't shoot a 1.5 year old buck on an out of state hunt but he does it readily at home.Why do you think that out of state the opportunities exist to kill better bucks?Management practices support a more balanced herd and as a result of that hunters know that a much greater possibility exists to kill older/bigger bucks.
There is no reason that those things cannot exist here!