HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - anyone in NY mad about the antler restrictions
Old 08-28-2007, 09:40 AM
Fletch NY
Fork Horn

Default RE: anyone in NY mad about the antler restrictions

SteveBNy is on the mark. PA and NY two different animals. Hardly any of NY had PA's issues of massive overpopulation problems. Apples to Oranges for sure.

And I do not hunt any farms and am in central NY andwell over 60%of the 1.5 year old deer here are 6 points or better every year and I average about 150 inches of snow here. Up in the Adirondacks the deer have limited feed due to old growth forests and a lot of the 1.5 bucks would fall under 6 points but not anywhere else in the state.

Thanks for the broad painting that it is all drunks shooting at each other up here. Over 30 years hunting NY public land and yes I have seen a few slobs but nothing to your extreme. I must be lucky. After the first two days of the season and Thankgiving Day I hardly see anybody in the woods. Out of the millions of acres of public land there are plenty of spots to lose the crowd and the slobs. Go more than 100 feet from the road.