HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 24-Official Team 24/7 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Hiawatha

Default RE: 24-Official Team 24 Thread

Well 2 out of 3 of us tagged out last night on elk but i was the weak link. My partners each arrowed spike bulls last evening from their stands while i was on the ground 3/4 mile over in the bush. I had a spiker come in at 15 yards but he would not stand where i needed him to be so no shot. Had a cow come in close also but no shot. A little tougher hunting on the ground i have noticed lol. Oh well actually happy it never panned out as there was a big boy bugling out in the field while we were loading up the other elk last night. I went after him this morning but i could not draw him away from his cows. I had a 2 or 3 point bull come in this morning on a rope to a bugle but it was too early to shoot and he busted my balls. The boys have a real nice bull on cameralast night walking around down by them but he offered only a shot at 45-50 yards so they never took it. I am moving over towards where they were this evening to hunt out of my big permanent stand. I guess a bunch of cows came out there last night and that bull was over in that area as well. I'll set up the video camera tonight and see if i can get a kill on tape.

Good luck on your hunt AK.