HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sometimes you just have to be honest .............
Old 02-06-2003, 02:33 PM
JoseD

Default RE: Sometimes you just have to be honest .............

Don,
plenty of good advice here. Hopefully you can try out a few different things and get together with Lil Hunter's buddy. I would recommend trying Lamb's suggestion for shooting one arrow groups. That is how I practice and I practice often. You can often find me in insulated coveralls and hood shooting outside in the dead of winter here in Ohio provided snow isn't blowing. Practice has paid off and I have taken rabbit, a squirrel, and a couple of whitetail doe with the recurve. And I'm a rookie! LBR and Wahya remember when I first started with a stickbow as I was asking questions on the LW. I started with a used Martin X-200 and then purchased a nice Chek Mate Falcon from LBR. My favorite arrows that do well with my Falcon are carbons by Gold Tip and the Vapor Carbonwoods. I love to hunt with the recurve and was fortunate and blessed to be able to kill a nice doe last October for the freezer. Hope you hang in there.
Jose/aka Strongbow

Holy moly, its cold here in Ohio!