HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - rabbit
Thread: rabbit
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 07:40 AM
iamdeathtodeer

Default RE: rabbit

ORIGINAL: WolfWithBow

There ain't no metal in Nature, or the forest, there isn't a solid piece of steel lying in the dirt next to an Oak tree to be made into a gun. Would you try building a gun in a survival situation if all you have is a knife?.
A) Yes, genius, metal comes from nature. What is steel? Well it is made from purified iron, which as far as I can tell, has to be MINED. From the Earth. You're 14 didnt they make you take earth science in the 8th grade?

B) A knife is made of metal

C) Your carbon arrows are synthetic(so's the electrical tape you used on your wood ones)

D)And in a prolonged survival situation, provided I was able to make blackpowder(which is just potassium nitrate, sulphur, and charcoal that isground up) I could build a small furnace and build a crude iron smoothbore firearm.

Please stop trying to prove bows are better than guns, wolf. It's annoying.......I don't really have an opinion on which is better, but it seems to me you are only on this forums so you can argue about that.......................just my $0.02 here..............