HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - QUARTER INCH GROUPS W/ .22 at 150 yards?
Old 08-23-2007, 10:34 PM
kdvollmer

Default RE: QUARTER INCH GROUPS W/ .22 at 150 yards?

ORIGINAL: coloradoprohunter

no, the number 300 and 650 are elevatino settings. if u get hte right rifle for it. 300 will shot 300yards and 650 will shoot 650yards. at 300 i hit center at 50. but at 650 the elevations scope lense went higher and makes it aim higher so i can hit 150yds.

OK colorado, sure, the numbers are eleveation settings...for the right rifle. Only thing is, that I have never heard of a company making a BDC, (you do know what that stands for right) for a .22 Cal. Generally, those "elevation Settings" are for common tactical rilfe calibers, and a few common huning calibers.
You are trying to BS the wrong group here. MY LIFE DEPENDS ON KNOWING THIS STUFF. THIS IS WHAT I DO FOR A LIVING.Read my previous post.
I have to agree with longrifle1000 on your counting. I count 8 holes in the middle of your target too.What about the 2 flyers above that. and the onething that looks like another flier out to theleft. I mean sure, I could get a 1/4 inch group out of that too, IF I TOOK THE 2-3 ROUNDS CLOSEST TOGETHER. I COUNT A TOTAL OF AT LEAST 10 HOLES IN THAT TARGET. COUNT YOUR GROUP FOR THE WHOLE 10, AND NOT JUST THE 3 CLOSEST IN THE MIDDLE. And your whole hot barrel, cold barrel arguement. you have to shoot ALOT of .22 to heat up a barrel to make a difference. when I say ALOT. I am talking about a couple hundred rounds, to make that barrel hot to touch, and even then, that should really only affect up and down the most. Your group, indicates that you have trouble with your trigger squeeze. You jerk the trigger a little. Up and down, is breath control, left and right is generally trigger jerk.

1/2 inch at 200 yds and a .22 Caliber.....YEAH RIGHT.