HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Reduction of out-of-state fees
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 06:52 PM
homers brother
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Reduction of out-of-state fees

Lee - respectfully, I disagree with you.

If USF&W is willing to establish a hunting license program and manage wildlife on federal lands, maybe it'd work. But that's not how things are set up today, and I don't have a lot of hope for convincing Congress that a particular federal agency needs to be bolstered by a sudden hire of management and enforcement personnel. Seems we have other funding priorities at the national level right now?

So until then, it falls upon the states to fund the management and enforcement programs.As well, there's nothing stopping you frombecoming a resident right now. I made the tough decision between "money" and "quality of life" years ago. Hunting and the outdoors were more important to me, so I moved back to Wyoming. There's plenty of room here for you, too. If I were barely making ends meet somewhere else, I'd sure consider relocating, since there are some decent paying (given the cost-of-living) jobs here. If I had (or my lifestyle needed)a good-paying job elsewhere, I'd probably not think twice about a hunting lease at home, or a nonresident tag fee in a western state.

You might think about what's preventing you from moving to where you can hunt different species, or what's preventing you from hunting at home? Are there some actions you can take to solve those issues? Or is it easier to blame the western states?

Virginia Mike:

I'm with ya. Maybe you're not a resident in presence, but you are in spirit!

engine:

Much as I'd like to hunt pheasant in South Dakota, I think I'll probably try caribou in Alaska again. I think it's cheaper?