HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Day Hunt
Thread: Day Hunt
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 06:00 PM
SJAdventures
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Day Hunt

ORIGINAL: wolfhound1

I have been a huntingguide for over 40 years and a Professional Hunter in Africa for 16 years, I believe that if you want to hunt high fences then you may as well pen em up in your back yard and shoot em. I hunt all over the States, andin Africa, and a few other places, and if you can't meet the animal on it's own ground, in a fair chase, then we degrade the real meaning of "THE HUNT".
Well wolfhound if your so into actual true fair chase shouldn't you be thinking about throwing away your biggo guns and get to sharpening your spear heads, arrowsand knivesand quit degrading the real meaning of "THE HUNT" by shooting them at sometimes over 100 yards. You do realize that die hard Bow Hunters think your a slob hunterfor using a gun and degrading the real meaning of "THE HUNT" by not doing it their way. I have said what I have to say and will not comment on this dead horse subject any further. I have heard all of the blah blah blah "my way is the only right way" by all the self appointed hunting gurus far too many times.I think some moderators need to get busy moderating to ensure that people's posts don't get high jacked. The man asked hunters opinions who had been on these types of hunts, no where did he ask anyone if they approved of this type of hunting. For the record too wolfhound, I have been hunting for over 42 years and have never myself hunted inside any kind of fenced enclosure of any size but I believe if the law says it is OK to do it then leave the man alone because he isn't doing anything wrong just because you don't hunt that way.