HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Starlight Bloodhound?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 12:30 PM
fetzeriiif

Default RE: Starlight Bloodhound?

How can you guys say this is junk? The only way I can believe that someone would say that is if they have never used it. It does exactly what it says it does. It makes the blood glow in the dark. I wouldn't recomend it if you have a good blood trail, but if you loose a trail it can do wonders. Say you track a wounded deer for 100 yards but you loose the trail and don't know which way the deer went. Spray this stuff around the area, turn off your flashlight, and watch for the glow. Even the tiniest drop will glow. Is it cheap? No, but what is 15-20 dollars if it helps you keep a deer from being wasted. I have used Peroxide and there is no comparison. Peroxide will make the blood foam up a bit. If there is very little blood, it is still hard to see when it foams up. This REALLY makes the blood glow, as long as you turn your flashlight off. The only problems is that it tends to make some other things glow to, such as pine needles. It also is a one time deal. Once you mix it, you have to use it. This is not a gimmick. It really works, which is more than I can say for these new so called tracking lights. Those are a complete sham. Anyone want to buy a $50 flashlight.