HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My first try...homemade camo.(pics)
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 08:27 AM
bearklr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My first try...homemade camo.(pics)

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

I think it shows some real potential. Just don't make it too busy or it will end up turning all black.... So far its looking pretty good!

Someone mentioned getting a little bit of skyline mixed in.... not a bad idea.

I'd stick with just basic colors though. Two shades of brown, maybe some grey, use green and black sparingly.

In fact, I have some older camo shirts that have started to fade.... still got plenty of life in them and SUPER comfortable, I think I might give them a facelift with a similar procedure.

Great thinking, really good stuff!

Yeah, that's going to be the tough part. I need to find the perfect mix so it doesn't turn into a blob out in the woods. I may keep it pretty sparse at first and test it in the field. Then I'll add a little bit here and there until I get the proper mix.

I think you've got a great start and how much fun is it going to be when you take an animal wearing it? That's the picture I look forward to.

Believe me, I look forard to that pic as well. That's part of the fun of all this. It will make any deer I take that much more rewarding knowing I evaded his detection using something I developed on my own. Keep your fingers crossed.