HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - my dog bit my daughter...
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 01:44 AM
Mite
Typical Buck

Default RE: my dog bit my daughter...

My daughter went up to Roxie and went to pet her and Roxie snarled like i have never heard her do before (it was mean and nasty) and bit Ambers hand. Roxie broke skin and bruised her hand.
Roxie was chewing on a pig's earat the time. Considering the age of the puppy, 10 weeks old, its doing what naturally comesto all dogs, protecting its food. It hasn't learned better and Amber is not yet in a position to adjusts Roxie attitude.

I've had a 2 year old and a 3 year old nephews around our goldie. The dog never bitten them or acted aggressively. We made sure there never was a situation where she could. Also they constantly feed her which, of course, made her overweight. This dog now has been around my nephew since the age of six. Early on I supervised what he should say to dog, commanding it, and which I made sure she obeys.

The pup did snap at my daughters face while they were playing but i dont think she meant it.
All young pups willeventually break skin when playing. I had scratch marks crisscrossedall along my forearm from playing. She'll also play bites but it can still hurt or break skin. But I allow that with me. With my nephew, she won't play as hard as he won't play as hard as I do.