HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - my dog bit my daughter...
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Snooky
Banned

Default RE: my dog bit my daughter...

In less than 12 weeks, the record shows in part;

My daughter went up to Roxie and went to pet her and Roxie snarled like i have never heard her do before (it was mean and nasty) and bit Ambers hand. Roxie broke skin and bruised her hand.

The pup did snap at my daughters face while they were playing but i dont think she meant it.

My first dog was a Florida Cur, used to hunt wild hogs, I was 1 year old at the time my Grandmother got him for me, so I have had big game hounds since before I can remember. I am going on 65 now, I have 4 Bear and lion dogs currently. Big game dogs must have plenty of grit and aggression to make the grade. A dog that doesn't have the inbred respect for humans and recognize their master doesn'tget many chances to maul and main children or adults around here. I see from the posts that some like the posibility of their dog disfiguring a child, putting a lifelong fear of every dog they see in the child, or worse, not surviving the attack. One said if their dog bite someone other than a thief, they would have to pay the price. What price doesthe disfigured child that goes through life, scared, fearful, never able to forget what happened pay? How can you pay such a price as to make it right with the victim of a warped love for an animal that puts humanity behind or below the animals. Have we become a world of animal worshippers that sacrifice our children to the animal gods that have our highest regard and love? No? Well how far removed are we if we allow human agressive animals in our homes and say, after our children have been bitten, that they didn't mean it, they are really sweet animals, and we really love them to much to get rid of them? Then do the children a favor and place them in a safe home without the constant threat of being mauled and possibly killed by a "sweet" animal. You may be a great dog trainer, but remember, you cannot train DNA. Genetics can't be trained out of a dog. With the best training, those traits are only supressed and lay hidden within the animal. Who but God knows when something will trigger them and the animal reverts back to his genitic programming and tragity hits hard and swift before it can be stopped.