HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 777 vs. Pyrodex (pellets)
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 01:18 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: 777 vs. Pyrodex (pellets)

wonder why loose powder is more accurate? you would think there would be the same exact amount of premeasured powder in the pellets.
Some people have outstanding accuracy with pellets and they see no reason to use loose powder. Actually if I hunted a couple days a year and that was all the use the rifle got, other then to go to the range and check loads and zero.. I could see using just pellets. When I shot pellets, I liked them. They were easy to load, and very accurate.

Loose powder on the other hand fits my shooting style. I do not mind measuring out the powder. I do think I personally can get better accuracy with loose powder, and I like the savings.

Two pyrodex pellets will weigh almost 100 grains. I forget what numbers I had when I weighed them but it was real close. Just like when I weighed black powder. Triple Se7en pellets on the other hand weighed around 77 -78 grains as I remember. So all they did was decrease the volume of powder to make the same power as what you would get in Pyrodex.