HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 08:08 AM
darkhunt

Default RE: Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

I've decided for myself to pass on anything less than 8pts. this year. IMHO the thing that makes getting a nice size rack so great is that it shows the hunter has reached a certain level of skill, the bigger a fish or deer is the less luck played into it and the more animal smarts had its part in such longevity. Its a chess match played out in the woods, my wits against the bucks or does superior sensory organs. I want to "capture" more important pieces than the pawns(young does and button bucks) and move up the hierarchy. Some people are happy to just be a novice at whatever they do, for myself I want to achieve and push myself, not to just hunt but to be a Hunter. If the meat was the only reason I was in the woods I to would drop anything "brown". I hunt mostly on public land but either way I will be a good steward for every one else. If you don't care about the next guy hopefully you have a son or daughter you would like to see experience all the outdoors have to offer. What you CHOOSE to pass up gets passed on to the next hunter or next generation.