HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 09:05 PM
badger109
Fork Horn

Default RE: 19-Official Team 19 Thread

ok w/e

my area is kind of hard to explain.
Its about 15 acres along a creek with a pond. Its pretty swampy, most of it. Bordered on two sides by subdivisions. Other than that the area is kind of woodsy but there are also houses. There are corn and soybean fields about a half mile any direction. The area really doesn't hold deer too well. There's really not a ton of forage. People from the subdivisions always trespass and walk their dogs around the pond and such.

It really comes alive during october and novemember. There are lots of rubs and I regularly saw four or five bucks and many does last year. It's a great funnel.

The reason I explain this is because there is a 50yd clearing and a pretty wide path that I would like to plant next year. I know it's not much. What i want is something that will hold the deer after rut like but also appeal to deer before.

I jsut want some advice. spring or fall? clovers, chicory, brassica, a mix of all of them? etc

Edit: team name - Juggernauts. Meh, Its the best I could come up with. Whoops too late anyway.