HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - forehead-gland scent
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 02:59 AM
whitetaildreamer
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: forehead-gland scent

A number of years ago our province madehunting withtarsal scent glands illegal so what I did when I harvested a big buck was to use a grey rag and rub the tarsal glands untill the rag was real stinky and then place the rag and the glandsinto a zip lock to use for next year (keep the bag in the freezer). I did the same with the forehead glands on a very large buck that I harvested a number of years back. I would then tie the rag upin a tree (5-6 ft.high)in between the scrapes ofscrape line, thatI would find duringscouting. That rag maintained its scent for a number of years (forehead gland rag)and it was amazing the attention it would receive from the bucks in the area. There would always be a new scape made directly under the rag in the tree. One of the best attractants I have ever stumbled upon. If you harvest a nice buck, give it a try for the next hunting season.I have shared this info with the guys that I hunt with and all of us had very similar experiences. It works especially well if you use this technique in the area where you harvested the buck the year before.