HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread
Old 08-18-2007, 09:11 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 31-Official team 31 Thread

well, i secured permission in my orchard today. finally caught the guy while he was around...been trying for about 3 weeks! he was glad to have me there hunting. says the deer are out of control. apples are dropping good already for the next month or so. last year i didnt get to hunt till regular season. only ever seen 2 sub legal bucks in there one morning. hunted a couple mornings and evenings in there. i dont think my chances of seeing a good shooter buck is too high in there...heavily hunted woods in the area and the bucks arent dumb. id like to take atleast a doe out of there, if nothing else. so sept 15th starts my early doe season...so less than a month and im in my stand!! get the gitters out of the way...hopefully get my first bowkill. i think earlier will be better in that orchard.

went back this afternoon to hang a lock on in there but there was a couple people out...i like to be low key. alot of houses around and i rather just go unnoticed....already plan on dragging out through the woods. good 1/4-1/2mile drag...but it keeps my hunting spot...no neighbors crying over seeing a dead bloody deer or anything...the orchard owners(2 older ladies) dont have to see it etc...they know im there...but i dont think they wanna see it....maybe it'll give up a buck..but i doubt it.

didnt get much else done today...got a 3d shoot in the morning tomarrow...

cant wait to be up in a tree....got to head back to school next weekend...summer just aint nearly long enough...but...its my second to last "summer" as i know it...this is my juniour year of college...its flyin by thats for sure...seems like yesterday i moved in for the first time...