HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - any help??
Thread: any help??
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2003, 03:27 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default any help??

in the fall i seen a few decint bucks behind my house and this year im interested in archery hunting the biggest one and finding some of their sheds...i went out today with about 2 inches of melting snow on the ground and just walked around the larger deer trails and didnt find anything..alot of tracks..2 sets that i call buck tracks because of the extra part of the leg i think it might be a dew claw..it is on dogs..but it was present in 2 of the fresh tracks and i think they are buck tracks..they are larger than the others and have that extra mark..i heard its because bucks gain wait in the fall and causes that so i focused on them tracks when they strayed off the main trails and havent found anything...is it too early?? its been below freezing for 3 weeks and just broke the other day..alot of the deer my friends killed were half racks that shed already and one was a half rack and when the kid went to pick its head up the other fell off and that was back in december so i think they are loosing them now if they havent but i dont know..where do you find most of your sheds at?? thanx for any help..id really like to find a shed of the buck i want to hunt next year so i can compare..hes decint this year and the area had the his tracks in it today so he made it..next year he should be a nice one... thanx..