HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - young age hunters
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: young age hunters

The cold hard truth is that teenagers think they know everything, even if they don't. You will never get older people to think different. You will have to earn the respect of your elders, so get used to it. Once they figure out you have half a head on your shoulders and are not full of crap they will except you a bit more. But once you reach a certain age it is pretty easy to spot the BS wanna be's. Don't try too hard to be excepted either, just be who are you.

My advice on the internet is to just not let anyone know how young you are.

I could show you some posts on this very site that describe what I am talking about. Young guys talking crap like they know everything but those that really know see right through it and just shake their heads. These are the young guys that ruin it for people like you.

I will give you a tip to help you be more excepted on the forums. Try using spell check, proper grammar and capitalizing letters that should be. I normally don't crack on people for this stuff, but it smacks of the young punk chat/IM generation. But then again even if your 50 and can't figure out how to compose a sentence or small paragraph half way correctly not many will take you serious on some of these forums. Just something I have noticed anyway.

Paul